Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Adventures

Dear husband Ken and youngest daughter went to the in laws; aka: Grandparent’s to take care of the animals while they were at “Weekend to Remember” in Tahoe. So that left Victoria and I home alone for the weekend. Looking at all the things we could do at home to get it tidy before school started today we decided to set off on an adventure Saturday morning away from the home.

I joined a knitting group in Petaluma called yayayarndivas. They meet every Saturday from 12:30 until 3pm. I was impressed with the quaint coffee shop and the different gatherings they offer. We got a up of hot chocolate. While there I told them about my non-profit sock project. When they found out that Sockpixie was helping they were eagered. So I passed out what patterns I had and then directed the others to Sockpixie and my blog sites.
L to R: Carla, Kathie, Victoria, myself(Kathleen), Ruth, Keener, Roxanna and Madeline

After a while working on my sock Victoria and I went to the Knitterly to see what they had to offer. Quite a big store! All in all we found a project for Victoria to work on. She is going to make a “rockstar” purse.

Victoria working away on her Rockstar Purse

Off to the bookstore to have a look at what reading would capture me. Victoria had a suggested book-list which always helps. So quickly she found not one but two books. Me over at the crafty book section looking for ideas and such I came across the Yarn Harlot’s book. Yep the new one-Cast off. So that is now part of my reading.

By this time we were getting hungry. In ~n~Out burger was our choice for junk food. Delish it was!



I have not even gotten to Saturday evening let alone to Sunday...back later

No comments: