Monday, April 23, 2007

Breaks!!! What Breaks?

When life gets going sometimes it goes faster than you recall. First going to dance classes for the girls on Monday. Then horse lesson for the eldest on Tuesday. Then school basketball meet in which Victoria team won both of them. Getting all the packing and notes for a conference in Burbank, California. Things seemed very crowded. And it is not normally like this. So I am happy to say that this week is going smoother.

The conference that I went to was Cal-Ed/Impact They provide assistance to the educators and parents for deaf and hard of hearing children, all the way up through College. In starting my non-profit I felt this would be a great resource location for the group. Coming back my mind is filled with so many more ideas, and I have a bigger drive, passion if you will about starting this group. Deaf education even for the hearing child has such an overall effect that they also become better scholars. ALL tools are used. Visual, tactical, and beyond.

While in Burbank I went to a local store called Unwind. A very cute shop. Locals invited me for cake and champagne. I was tempted, but had friends with me that are not knitters. I got a hold of some sock yarn Lorna Laces and a skein of Jitterbug. While there I also passed along the FREE pattern for the mini sock project. They were quite excited about helping.

As for knitting…..I started a sock last Sunday and finish the first from a pattern ___________ I have one sock done and working on its mate. I have two other patterns in queue for my next projects. Still looking for my Harry Potter swap mate’s pattern to work up her socks. Any ideas? She is from the Ravenclaw house.

I will have pictures soon. The battery is on the charger.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hmmmm...I really liked Audrey's Prisoner of Azkaban socks! Have you linked to her site? She is a Hufflepuff.

Kathleen said...

There are so many talented artist out there with the creations they do with sock yarn. I have been so excited about the differnt patterns, I check them all out as they post. As I am still looking for my Ravenclaw pattern. Getting my first pair of handmade socks in any pattern is going to be enjoyed.