Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Projects- House work or knitting?

Well I look around the room this morning after getting the girls to school. I wanted to do a couple of things. So I started with the yarn stash cleanup. Putting the yarn in groups of projects was my goal. As I was digging around I found some sock yarn I had forgotten about. So of course I had to have a sit and start a new sock. The total of sock on the needles is three. One pair half done and then the two starts. I will be okay.

So after a while I took a break to do some actual housework; dishes and laundry. Maybe later some vacuuming will get done. I need to keep up some of these things.

I have also been searching for my Harry Potter Ravenclaw house sock swap mates pattern. I have the yarn ordered and on it's way soon. Being a fairly new sock knitter I need to make a careful choice. I do not what to pressure myself and since this is my first ever swap I want it to be fun and received happily.

Some people have gone so far to design their own, these are people like my SockPixie friend that are true artist to the fiber world.

I have never received a pair of handmade socks. So whomever my sock mate is and what they knit up is going to be treasured as my first pair of handmade socks for me! I am truly excited.

Well off to do something; vacuum, knit, more laundry, dust, knit, or sort out small clothes from the girls, or did I mention maybe knit?

Cheers

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good thinking with the "weave" theme on Mum's socks... I have to admit, I had not thought that far ahead! I just saw the basket (1/146th of her collection) and thought it had to be connected. :-)

So do you practice the "do a chore, knit a round, do a chore, knit a round" technique with housework, like my mum does? Apparently she catches a lot of flack for it but I think it's a grand idea!

Rebecca said...

All my friends in our small group Bible study tease me because my husband once had us share a quirk about ourselves. I told them that I knit two rows, do a chore, knit two rows, do a chore...etc. And then, when I iron shirts I have to knit two rows, iron a shirt, pick up 10 things..etc.

I think it makes the housework more enjoyable. Everyone else thinks I'm a nut!