Thursday, June 21, 2007

Socks on needles.

Well I am so excited about the different socks I have on needles. Stash my King Charles Caviler is posing with Lornas Laces sock yarn and Celebration pattern by Sockpixie.The center one is a Jaywalker sock with Sockpixie yarn-Raspberry Cheesecake. The finally I have the Cornucopia sock pattern with Cornucopia sock yarn from Sockpixie.

There is a reason for having so many socks on needles. Really I promise. The first sock is on hold because I am learning about short rows. The second one is zipping along and a great one for being able to knit and talk at the same time. Then the third one is on hold as well for a bit, trying to figure the reason why my stitches are not meshing. I keep having 2 extra stitches. I will get it.

I have one more skein of Sockpixie yarn waiting for the right pattern. I was thinking about the sidewinder pattern from Nona. I am not sure. It is scary for me to try such a new and different pattern. I may need to find a pacing buddy to work on it with. Any Sonoma County locals willing to give it a go with me?


8 comments:

Kathy... said...

OH! Stash is just adorable!!!!

Love the socks.

I vote for the sidewinders for that extra skein of yarn you have. They really are incredibly easy - and totaly amazing. You will sit back and say "Now, how did that happen??"

And, thanks for the very nice comment you left on my blog. 'preciate it!
k

Rebecca said...

The only thing bad about having so many socks on the needles is that it sometimes seems like forever until you have a finished pair to wear! I know! I'm in the same boat!

Your socks are looking fabulous! And, the little doggy is adorable.

Kathleen said...

Thank you ladies for the support.
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,

These socks are all wonderful. It is so nice to see the yarns "in action!"

Caroline, the SockPixie

Tiny Tyrant said...

I'd be happy to join you in the Sidewinder quest.

Now I just have to find the pattern.

Jenn in Santa Rosa

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,

Your dog is too cute! Alexandra has been dreaming of having a dog just like him!

Caroline, the SockPixie

Tiny Tyrant said...

Hi Kathleen.

I probably missed you at [A Good Yarn] since I am completely and in all ways on a yarn diet, and hubby and I went the Delta for a day of jet skiing Saturday.

Well I have a ton of sock yarn - thank goodness - and could try to start the sidewinder socks soon.

Do you know if they can both be done together? I.e. both on circs at the same time. since they are back and forth it should be possible.

I only ask because when ever I have to make two of something, the second one turns out an entirely different size. Gr.

Jenn

Tiny Tyrant said...

Kathleen,

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

My yarn diet and a day of jet skiing interfered with me getting anywhere near a yarn shop on Saturday.

What did you get? Do tell.

Jenn

FYI - your dog looks like an absolute sweetheart. Hopefully he doesn't eat yarn like one of mine.