Thursday, June 07, 2007

I'm back, I think.

Wow what a journey getting my computer fixed. DH was able to get my hard drive fixed. I am going to have to wait for my pictures to be rescued and post pictures at a later time.

In the mean time life has been busy and fun. My oldest daughter had a 12th birthday.

My non-profit is starting to take shape. We now have a name. S.N.A.P.S. which is the acronym for Signing, Networking, Advocating for Parents and Siblings. Website coming during the summer I hope.

The local yarn shop has the mini sock project pattern and has passed out several. When I stopped there the other day I was able to pick up a dozen mini socks to turn into cards to sell for fundraising. FUN!

The girls just finish there last day of school yesterday, so we are off to a fun summer of a little bit of everything.

All the art projects that my girls did during the school year came home. Some of these works of art are on my walls now and clay items on my shelves. I just love a good piece of art made from a child. Especially a child of mine. In fact I have entered some of these item into the local County fair which is in July. So we shall see what ribbons they get.

Living in Sonoma County is fun during the summer. We have Peanuts on Parade. This year "Joe Cool" Snoopy statues are all around the town of Santa Rosa. So we will be going around and taking pictures with Snoopy and the girls maybe I will follow the Yarn Harlot's idea of the traveling sock. So whatever sock is on needles will make the cut in the pictures.

My friend who moved from Petaluma to Boston is in business again via the web. I am so excited for her and her daughter Alex. Otherwise known as the Sockpixies. Go and check out the beautiful hand painted yarns they have created.

I have nearly completed one of two socks for my Harry Potter sock swap. Oh yeah I just remembered there is a Harry Potter Snoopy. I will need to take this sock on needles there for a photo op.
I was torn between two yarns and two patterns. What happens I have learned to knit socks on two circulars. And a lot of patterns call for DPNs. So what I do is knit in the circulars for the pattern then get to the gusset and have a hard time coverting the pattern in my head from DPNs to my two circulars. I am such a visual person, what can I say.

Tonight I am going to SEE the Yarn Harlot in hopes of meeting her. She is going to Cooperfield bookstore in Petaluma. I am bringing a mini-sock project card with the pattern enclosed so that maybe she can get the word out to fellow sock knitters that need to do something with left over sock yarn. Looking forward to this event!

Thank you all for taking time to read my jabber. And putting up with typos and spelling mistakes at the moment. Just wrote and left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to have you back. So did you meet the Yarn Harlot?
Have a Fun Summer with the girls.

Caroline, the SockPixie