Friday, June 08, 2007

Getting to see the "Yarn Harlot"!

I had the evening all planned out. DH was going to Petaluma with a friend to sing Kaeaoke and I was going to dropped off at Copperfield bookstore to see and meet the Yarn Harlot. Getting dropped off was going to be a bit less stress and worry so I would not have to park.

But.....I drove the girls out to Grandma and pa's to find them not there after they agreed to watch them overnight. No, this can not be happening! It is about 4pm at this point a half an hour from my home and then Petaluma with traffic is about 40 mintues from my house. And I still need to get gas and pick up hubby and friend, before, that go home and change; at least my shirt and freshen up a bit. ERRRRR!

It's okay, deeeeeep breath. I get back to Windsor and get gas and while at the pump waiting for driving liquid I think. Aha! Mom, she lives here in town, let's go in person to see if she can take at least one of the girls. Yes! It worked, so Gabriella got to stay then I decided Victoria being older could handle being out went with us. Jet back to the house for a quick change of clothes and off in the car again off to pick DH's friend in Santa Rosa on the way to Petaluma. While hubby was driving I made sure all my goods were pack in my basket for a quick exit from the car. Sock on needles, check. Book to be signed, check. Card made from mini-sock project to give to the Yarn Harlot, check. Patterns of mini-sock project to pass out, check. Camera, check. All good with five mintues to spare I arrive in front of the bookstore and dash in to take a seat off to the left of the podium.

It was fantastic and I had a great time. I was able to get my book signed and meet Stepahnie and while she signed my book I passed on a bit of a message in regards to the mini-sock project and had a sample of the card to give to her with the pattern. Hope you liked it.

Still waiting for the ablity to get pictures up. Until then they sit within my camera.

Just check the Yarn Harlot blog and her pictures from last night are up and I am in the second audience one. I am wearing a green shirt.

2 comments:

Romi said...

Oh my gosh! How the heck did I miss you?! Duh. :(

Kathy... said...

Congrats on being able to see Stephanie! Must have been a great time.