Sunday, May 25, 2008

Well....

My goodness what a busy couple days. As many of you, finishing up with school and getting summer events managed. One of those events that I am planning for myself is a pincushion swap that Linda is generously hosting for 50 international blogger. Total fun! I have been looking at different patterns and coming up with ideas from some great books. And the gal whom I have been partnered is going to be great. I have never had an international swap, so something to look forward to.

Busy making teacher gift's. Many pillowcases and a few deli bags. These are alot of fun. Next is packaging and tagging the gifts for delivery on June 3rd. June 4th will be the last day of school and a bit hectic with other children passing out goodies.

I have been also working on a magic title quilt. (hope to get link here later) These are great from fat quarter fabrics or to make larger the 1/2 yard cuts. They go quick once you get the method. I just started my 4th one last evening. Then once I finish that one and have my 4 piles of squared up 15 inch blocks I will finish piecing and bordering them. This working for me, not sure why.

Are thing busy enough for you yet? Well my sweet hubby found a mama kitty and 4 of her babies. Bet you can't guess who's keeping two of them? My two girl's picked out each their own and it turned out that they were the girl kittens. The mama is going to my mom's to be a mouser and the boy's are going to home we found for them next week.
Here is Gabriella kitty-Sadie-Baby

Then we have Victoria's kitty-Tigria

So over at Sockpixie, she has a great pattern for a cat bowl that I am also in the process of knitting then will have to felt. So be on the lookout for this.

I have news to tell you what my Gabriella did Saturday, I am so proud of her. So come back tomorrow for details and pictures.

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Love the quilt, love the bags. Absolutely ADORE the kitties. Sadie has the best face markings. You can just tell Tigria is going to be a handful. :-)