Tuesday, September 09, 2008

In fabric news.....

Yes, I am still still in touch with fabric. I mean when I have a free moment it is a choice do I work with fabric or do I blog? So it is obvious from a lack of blogging I have chosen fabric.

Going to Portland, Oregan this Thursday evening with my friend. She owns a fabric shop and invited me to this mini-convention. More on this soon.

In the mean time I have picture up dates.

My swap partner shall be receiving these goodies soon. Tomorrow I plan on going to get some edible treats to add.
And then behind the goodies is...

Making bags has not stopped with my bag swap partner. I came across a FREE pattern. I will scan it and share with you next time. So I made this tote using "Fruit Lady" fabric. I love it. In fact it is so easy that I have pre-cut six large ones and four smaller ones. The pattern does not call for pockets, so I just added these myself. Great beach bag, doctor tote for hand projects, grocery "green" bag with style even.
Got some squaring up to do on this Autumn Haze quilt and it will be ready for the design wall.Sorry for the poor picture. The fabric is light as it is on my design wall does not help.
This is such a fun pattern, that I am excited to say that I have finished the piecing. So I will squaring up and putting my rows together next.


Well until next time may you have some sweet fabric dreams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute quilt pattern! I just finished your present for the wizard of oz swap! I just have a couple little things to finish getting and then it will be on its wasy to you (I'll mail it on Mon. or Tuesday... I'll let you know once it's sent)
Missy

Anonymous said...

Oh my that material for the lining is adorable. Where did you find it? I would love to line a bag I making for a friend of mine.

DaCraftyLady said...

ok please share the pattern...and where to get that wonderful material "fruit lady"