Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ok, I am back...

I am doing a guessing game. It is of which daughter starts school on Thursday the 14th of August? Victoria age 13?
or would it be Gabriella age 9?

All the right guesses will be entered into a drawing. All you need to do is leave a comment. Pass along the information and good luck! I will reveal the answer when I have my first day of school pictures of...oh almost gave it away. Oh, did I mention there is a prize? I will post a photo once I take the picture.

Have a look at Sadie-Baby (on the left) and Mr. Tubbs exploring up in the trees. We have four cats folks and with each their very own personality.

Well I have two quilts in progress at the moment, the black and floral print are the "Amelia" quilt then the blue with brown tones is the "Orion" pattern using the two inch thangles. Love those cheat-cheats.


Have a look at this Wizzard Of Oz quilt I made my best friend. She is a 39 year old Oz finatic! By the way I have joined a swap that Sherry is hosting for a Wizzard of Oz swap. This one is going to be a blast. Oh my goodness that makes three swap, I think I need to get through these before I do any more.


Who does not love a great, easy pattern? Well I found one in the BQ pattern. The horse jumping one is Victoria my 13 year olds. Then the cowboy one is just a top finished waiting for someone special.



Finally....What do quilts and Mike Rowe from the t.v. show "Dirty Jobs" have in common? Well my friends; at my husbands work they were demolishing mobile homes and "Dirty Jobs" came to our town to shoot a t.v segment. So I took a quilt I made with batiks using the "magic title" pattern and had him sign it. The reason why is because of a non-profit that my girls are starting. WE (the family working together) are making quilts with fabric I have gotten donated and then getting autographs on them. Once we have a handful, the web-site will be up and running. The signed quilts will have a raffle over a duration of time, then the monies raised from each raffle will go to that *stars* charity. For example: Trace Atkins=F.A.A.N Mike Rowe=labor/trade, etc.

2 comments:

jeanette said...

Thank´s for your comment!
Time will tell the
final destination for my chewing cow... :)))

Anonymous said...

I think Victoria starts school on the 14th.

Missy