Friday, August 15, 2008

Laundry....

The never ending saga of the laundry pile. The laundry is going to be worked on today while I wait for the TV tech to come by and fix our projector TV.

This is a quilted wall hanging that I made for my laundry room. I just love that it is a reminder of the laundry that was done over the generations of my decedents. My grandma was a line dryer and when I lived in Australia I also. Hubby has yet to put a line up for me. I mean sun kissed bed sheets, what I'm missing! (click on photo to see better close up)

The bulb died about two months ago. With it being summer and wanting to stay away from TV and the indoors we left it. So the highlights from the news and Olympics have come from the computer. I finally decided to get it fixed so that the kids can see the closing ceremony of the Olympics. It hit my eldest daughter the other day that she can do what her Auntie did. And that was go to the Olympics for riding horses. Victoria asked when the next one was and the conversation went on and on. Questions like when she was a toddler. Wow, I forgot how much I missed the out poring of questions.

So we shall see if her current drive is ready for London Olympia 2012?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! beautiful quilt! I like how the basket fabric looks like its baskets full of laundry "stuff"
Missy

Sherry said...

Oh, I love that Michael Miller Laundry Days fabric. It is on my wish list. You did a great job on the wall hanging!

Have a wonderful day!
Sherry

Mad about Craft said...

Laundry is a never ending task, as is ironing. I never seem to get to the bottom of either.