Saturday, January 12, 2008

Latest Shopping Finds

I found a patchwork pincushion pattern from Hello my name is Heather site. and I am going to work with this cherry fabric and give it a go. Nice to have some simple gifts ready to go for the upcoming birthday's, don't you agree?



I now own a Jelly Roll made by my LQS to make a Boxed Square quilt from Mary Johnson. This will be simple but a new technique for me.

Some sale fabric to make napkins. I found this great tutorial at Sisterchoice blog site. If you go to the Dec. 2007 archive and scroll down you will see it. Fantastic!

Then there are a couple pillowcases in the works for dad, brother, and nephew. These fabrics are based on interest and locations for them.


For my niece I have already cut out a twisted sister pattern using some fun Princess and knight fabric.

Finally some great yarn from my friend Caroline. Her on-line shop is fun filled with new yarn every week with new inspirations creeping upon her daily.So I ordered two great color and then she threw in a Christmas surprise of the Lolita colorway which is the pinker of the three. The red one is called tanager and then the painted bunting.

5 comments:

Heide said...

Your friend's yarns are beautiful.

Tiny Tyrant said...

Love the red.

Christine said...

Looks like your going to be busy with all your shopping finds. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

The fabrics look so delicious. I can't wait to see the finished projects.

Caroline, the SockPixie

Ally Jay said...

The yarns are breath taking.